The Takemusu Aikido Midlands Beginner’s Course is a 4-6 Weekly course designed to give those interested in started aikido the smoothest start possible. Those attending a beginner’s course can expected the following:
- Small ratio of beginner to senior.
- All seniors focusing on the development of the beginner.
- Introduction to the weapon systems of Jo, Bokken and Tanto
- Detailed guidance on dojo etiquette.
- Non-judgemental atmosphere conducive to a high level of learning.
- Detailed guidance on safely receiving techniques.
- Introduction to 3 of the principle techniques, Ikkyo, Kotegaeishi and Kokyonage.
- Invitation to join the regular class directly after the beginner’s class.
- Discounted full membership fee for the first year.
These courses will be three times a year. Watch this space for details on the next one.